A taste of Schladming
You always wanted to smell fresh mountain air?
It is a dream of you to wake up amidst impressive mountain scenery when the first sunrays of the day touch the summits? You want to witness the morning light moving down the mountain slopes while enjoying a cup of coffee?
Then “A taste of Schladming” is exactly what you are looking for, because this offer combines all these experiences. Taking a route of your choice you hike up to Preintalerhütte refuge in the Schladminger Tauern range, where you will spend the night in the common sleeping area.
In case you choose the shortest route for the ascent to the mountain hut, there may even be time to add a short hike in the surrounding of Preintalerhütte. Before nestling down in the common sleeping area you enjoy supper of your choice and for sure the evening holds some fun and folksy moments with fellow hikers before you go to sleep.
In the morning a typical “mountain breakfast” is waiting for you, providing the energy for the day ahead. Additionally, your hosts Wolfgang & Rita will give you packed lunch for the day to take on your way. For the hike back to the valley you again have the choice among various routes.
Our package for YOU
„A taste of Schladming“ includes one night at Preintalerhütte as well as 3 nights at an accommodation of your choice in the valley. The following services are included in the package:
- 3 overnight stays in the valley at an accommodation of your choice
- 1 overnight stay at Preintalerhütte refuge in the common sleeping area
- 4x breakfast, one of them at Preintalerhütte refuge
- 1 packed lunch for your hiking day (provided at Preintalerhütte)
- Schladming-Dachstein Sommercard for 3 days (included at the accommodation in the valley)
- Hiking map (scale 1:25.000)
- Brochure “Hut & Refuge Guide”
The package is bookable from € 199,-
Price per person based on double-room occupancy (in the valley) and common sleeping area at the refuge respectively, including breakfast.
Other meals not included in the price. Additional overnight stays on request
Possible routes for acent and descent to Preintalerhütte
The following routes are possible to and from Preintalerhütte.
- Via Alpine Trail Höll and Riesachsee Lake to Preintalerhütte
2 to 2.5 hours, easy hike in general, some larger steps on ladders via Alpine Trail Höll
- Via Alpine Trail Höll, Riesachsee Lake, Neualm and Höfertsteig trail to Preintalerhütte
3.5 to 4 hours, medium difficulty
- Via the 3 Lakes Tour in Seewigtal valley and Neualmscharte ridge
5 to 6 hours, medium difficulty
- Via Planai High Trail to Preintalerhütte
6 to 7 hours, difficult with exposed passages
- Via Gollinghütte refuge, Greifenberg and Klafferkessel lake plateau
7 to 8 hours, difficult with exposed passages
Hikes around Preintalerhütte
In case you already arrive at Preintalerhütte around noon and want to add another hike in the afternoon, the following lists gives an overview of hikes around Preintalerhütte, all of them being in the medium difficulty range.
- Hike to Lower Sonntagskarsee lake (ca. 2 hours round-trip)
- Hike to Upper Sonntagskarsee lake (ca. 3 hours round-trip)
- Hike to Trattenkar cirque (2.5 to 3 hours round-trip)
- Hike to Lämmerkar cirques (2 to 2.5 hours round-trip)
Mountain hikes and summit ascents from Preintalerhütte
From Preintalerhütte various summit ascents are possible, however experience in alpine terrain is necessary for those. Surefootedness, a head for heights and good stamina are a must for these routes.
- To Klafferkessel lake plateau – 2.311 m (4 to 5 hours round-trip)
- Hochwildstelle – 2.747 m (5 to 6 hours round-trip)
- Waldhorn – 2.702 m (5 to 6 hours round-trip)
For inquiry and booking
Phone: +43 3687 22 777 20
Fax: +43 3687 22 777 52
Tourist Office Schladming
Rohrmoosstraße 234, 8970 Schladming, Österreich
VAT no°.: ATU 69159714
Managing director: Hansjörg Stocker