Margaret Church in Oberhaus
Haus im Ennstal
Especially to mention is the daughter church of St. Margaret in Oberhaus, which was rebuilt in 1519 in place of a probable Roman Church. In a fire in 1921, the nave vaults collapsed and in 1927 was supplemented by a barrel vault. The choir with its lovely arched ceiling and hanging keystone was retained. The high altar (1695) is attributed to the sculptor Johann Georg Mohr from Schladming, the tabernacle created Balthasar Prandstätter (1740/45). From him comes the interesting "dragon pulpit" (1742/43). Particular importance was the Margaret Church in the Upper House in the 18th Century as a pilgrimage church. Venerated was the holy Margaret and the Fourteen Holy Helpers.