Parish Church Haus im Ennstal


Churches & monasteries | Excursion destination summer

The parish church of St. John the Baptist was built in the years 1750 - 1753 by architect Kitzbühel Cassian Singer. The original Romanesque church was destroyed by fire in 1750 along with most of the town. The artistic decoration of the altars of the church was made by the sculptor Balthasar Prandstätter and its employees. The pulpit has an anonymous, deaf-mute sculptor from Salzburg created. Equipment parts are also of Johann Martin Schmidt, "Kremser Schmidt". Under the main building there is a crypt, which was filled with the remains of burned-out shell.

The interior of the church was last renovated in 1999.
The rectory, in the core of the 15th Coming century, was built after the catastrophic fire of 1750 new.
In the Zehentspeicher is the Deanery museum located - built-on Prof. Walter Stipperger and Dr. Lia Stipperger and now managed by Heinz Dietmayer.


Parish Church Haus im Ennstal
Kirchengasse 1
8967 Haus im Ennstal
Telefón: +43 3686 2316
web stránka: