Pilgrimage church

Irdning-Donnersbachtal

On a hill, surrounded by a wall, stands the small church. It was built in 1753/54 and is dedicated to St. Leonhard and St. Patrizius. It took a long time until the small mountain village received its own church. Until then the habitants of Donnersbachwald had to take on the long and arduous way to Irdning for the Sunday service. It was not until the 18th century that the bishop of Seckau and the abbot of Admont considered building their own church for the Donnersbach valley. It was implemented at the instigation of Empress Maria Theresa, who had obviously come to know and love the region personally. The church was consecrated in 1754. Only 10 years later Donnersbachwald received her own vicarage.

Contact

Donnersbachwald
8953 Irdning-Donnersbachtal
+43 3682 22418
kanzlei@pfarre-irdning.at
www.pfarre-irdning.at

Write a review