The Capuchin monastery in Irdning is situated in a beautiful location and is considered a place of silence and contemplation. Since the beginning of the 90s, the monastery has offered days of silence, retreats and ten-day contemplative retreats.
In 1711 Count Sigismund von Welserheim handed over his hunting lodge "Falkenburg nächst Irdning" to the Capuchins. On 27 April 1711 the first brothers came to Falkenburg and began the necessary preparatory work for the construction of the monastery. Three months later, on the Porziuncola festival of 1711, the building was handed over to its new purpose and the foundation stone for the construction of the monastery church was laid.