The new helmet Mohawk
in the Region Schladming-Dachstein
A glance into the future: First ski and snowboard helmet with Augmented Reality is being tested in Schladming-Dachstein
Ski helmets too are becoming “smart”. In a worldwide exclusive, visitors to the Austrian holiday region of Schladming-Dachstein are currently being offered the opportunity of trying out the ski and snowboard helmet “Mohawk”, which is equipped with the latest Augmented Reality (AR) technology. A built-in miniature camera scans the surroundings on the piste, and on the visor the user can call up various visual data such as speed, altitude and a navigation system. Built-in headphones and a microphone enable live communication with friends by text messaging, audio or video. Particularly useful: an SOS button that may save your life in an emergency situation.
The most important features of the new AR helmet “Mohawk” at a glance:
- Speed and altitude: The skier’s/snowboarder’s stats are displayed on the visor, which means that they can keep an eye on them when coming down the slope.
- Music player: Play music from playlists.
- Navigation: Navigate with the AR piste map and find new points of interest (POI) in the ski area.
- Action camera: Record great moments from your perspective with the 4K action camera.
- SOS: The helmet can be monitored via GPS from an operator’s control centre. In an emergency, the skier or snowboarder can press the SOS button to receive a call from the control centre via the helmet and arrange for any necessary assistance.
- Control centre: Networking with other users or friends. You can see the other skiers/snowboarders on the map and talk to them via the built-in headset
All Informations and booking can you find at www.getmohawk.com